The CBB collaborative collection development model has sparked a great deal of interest among other libraries, consortia, and organizations. What follows is a list of both presentations by CBB and requests to CBB concerning our model:
- NELINET Seminar. “Collection Analysis: Best Practices.” Judy Montgomery, Bowdoin; John Harrison, Bates; Alisia Wygant, Colby. NELINET, Southborough, MA. 24 May 2006.
- Charleston Conference. “A Shared Library Collection Development And Management Program At Colby, Bates And Bowdoin Colleges.” Sherrie Bergman, Bowdoin and John Harrison, Bates. Charleston, SC. 10 November 2006
- Association of College and Research Libraries, New England Chapter, Collection Development Interest Group, “Cooperative Collection Development: What It Is and Who Is Doing It?”, “When 1 > 3: CBB Collaborative Collection Development and Management Program,” Alisia Wygant, Colby; Judy Montgomery, Bowdoin. University of New Hampshire, Dimond Library. 17 November 2006.
- NELINET conference. “WorldCat Collection Analysis : Exploring possibilities.” John Harrison Bates College. Southborough, MA 8 August 2008.
- Oberlin Group Libraries Conference. “Shaping Liberal Arts College Library Collections: New Models and Active Strategies.” CBB participated and informally reviewed grant work. Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY. 15 October 2008.
- State of Maine, Maine InfoNet, “Collection Development Summit.” “Collaborative Collection Development at Colby, Bates, and Bowdoin.” Clem Guthro, Colby. University of Maine, Orono. 15 June 2009.
- New England Library Association. “One for All: Collaborative Collection Development in Academia.” Margaret Menchen, Colby; John Harrison, Bates; Joan Campbell, Bowdoin. Hartford, CT. 19 October 2009 (Upcoming). Consortial Conversations:
- Association of College and Research Libraries, National Conference. CBB met with representatives of the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries and the Tri-Colleges of PA. Baltimore, MD. 29 March 2007.
- CTW consortium (Connecticut College, Trinity College, and Wesleyan University) participated in extended phone conference (originally planned CTW visit to Maine rescheduled as a conference call because of snow). 11 December 2008.
- The Five Colleges Consortium in Massachusetts contacted CBB repeatedly for information about the combined approval plan as they worked on a collaborative model. Spring, 2009.
- Olin College Library director visit to Bowdoin to learn about CBB collaboration. 10 August 2009.